What are wood treatment manufacturing KPIs?
Wood treatment manufacturing KPIs are useful indicators to clue you in to the health of your business, showing you where you need to improve and where you’re hitting the mark.
In school, everyone receives a grade card.
It shows what you’re doing well and what you need to put some extra effort into.
You need the same sort of accountability in your business.
These wood treatment manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are a great start for you to monitor all the different aspects of production.
Wood treatment manufacturing KPIs
Knowing which metrics matter can be difficult to discern – especially when the umbrella of “manufacturing” is so large.
Here are some of the most important wood treatment manufacturing KPIs to pay attention to, according to the Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association.
- On-time delivery. This measures the percentage that a wood treatment product is completed and delivered to a customer on time.
- Manufacturing cycle time. A measure of how long it takes for the entire manufacturing process, from start to finish.
- Yield. The percentage of products that are manufactured correctly the first time.
- Customer rejection/return. The number of times customers return or reject a wood treatment product.
- Capacity utilization. A measure of how much of the manufacturing capacity is actually being used.
- Schedule attainment. How often the target production level is met.
Health and safety
- Reportable incidents. The number of health and safety violations/incidents that happened in a certain time period. It can also include “near-misses.”
- Non-compliance events in a year. Number of times in a year that a facility was not compliant with health and safety standards.
- Planned vs emergency maintenance. This measures how often planned maintenance occurs against the frequency of unplanned maintenance.
- Downtime vs operating time. A percentage of how often a facility is up and running normally as opposed to the amount of downtime it has.
Environmental manufacturing KPIs
At Tank Fab, we take our commitment to environmentally-friendly processes seriously.
Here are some KPIs we follow, specific to lessening our environmental impact.
1. Air emissions
In January 2016, more rigid boiler emissions regulations went into effect with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology.
Contaminants like sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, total particulate matter, and greenhouse gases are the main culprits that are harmful by-products of the wood treatment process.
At Tank Fab, we have taken steps to reduce these harmful emissions.
2. Waste production
Waste is another environmental issue that is a result of the wood treatment process.
We use our resources carefully to avoid as much leftover scrap as possible.
3. Materials used
The wood treatment process obviously requires chemicals to make the wood last a long time without decay.
Because the chemicals have an effect not only on the product but also on the people who come into contact with them, we follow the strictest safety standards.
The chemicals used the amounts are monitored closely so we can identify any spills or unnatural consumption that would indicate a problem.
Follow these wood manufacturing KPIs
These metrics will not only keep your business on the right track, but they’ll also lessen your negative impact on the environment.
This is especially important in the wood manufacturing industry, where a variety of chemicals are necessary.
Follow these KPIs and keep your business on track.